Thursday, October 11, 2012

Angerer Family (aka mom and dad) visit Al Ain

Last week mom and dad spent a week in Al Ain.  They wanted to experience our daily life, and I think they got their wish.  Pat took Dad to the grocery stores, and mom got a great visit at school with my girls.  I think the girls were as curious about mom as she was about them.  We also did some shopping at Al Ain Mall.  We had lunch at Applebee's  - hard to believe they opened one here in Al Ain just a week ago!
We took a day trip to Dubai and saw the Souk, Dubai Mall, and the Burj Khalifa.  They also took a day trip to Abu Dhabi to see the Grand Mosque with Shannon and Pat.  We ate at a few great restaurants and spent time doing simple things like laundry.  Amazing that it can dry in 30 minutes on the porch!   We had a great time . . . but it went by so quickly!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ellen, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog about my first tangle pattern! I hope you enjoy using it, and that you will share what you come up with. Thank you for your kind words, and I'm so pleased it gave you delight!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete